Scales are precision instruments and require proper care and skill to get the best results. Here are some tips to help you get the most from your scale:
- Use a stable countertop or table with a level surface.
- Place all items on the center of the scale platform. Don't let items hang over the platform or lean against other items.
- Zero the scale between measurements for consistency.
- Store your scale in a safe place to prevent dust from accumulating and keep the scale secure.
- Take care not to drop or shock load your scale. This can cause stress to the load cell and affect calibration.
- Let your scale adjust to the surrounding temperature before using or performing calibration.
- Do not attempt to calibrate your scale using arbitrary items such as coins. While it is commonly known that US Nickels weigh approximately 5.0g when fresh from the mint, in circulation, Nickels can range typically from 4.95 to 5.05g (&p